Welcome to Turner Land. Enjoy your stay.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I'm retiring.

Ok ok ok. It has been nearly a month since I've blogged. Get off me. The long and the short of it...I'm insane. Correct. Let me splain.

I took a 3 week intensive grad class that met 3 nights a week for 4 hours per night. We had assignments due EVERY CLASS. I didn't learn much since the prof didn't teach: we did. I have never tried working on 3 hours of solid sleep for 3 weeks straight. I did get a 99%, so all is well there...but sheesh! I'll never do that again.

School's out for summer! Awe yeah. Teachers' last day was today, although I really haven't had full classes of students since they took their finals on Thursday. AND my general kids rocked! I had 4 kids get 100% and the majority of them got A's and B's. AND here's the kicker...NOT ONE OF MY GENERALS FAILED! I'm astonished. My academics didn't do as well, but I still had a high C average and a few failures. Not too shabby. If anything has gone right this 2005, it was that.

Raymond and I are "on a break." Things were going really well, REALLY WELL, until I asked him to come to to Michigan with me and meet my friends and family. So, we apparently need some time to think about our relationship and our priorities. It hurts, but I'm trying to remain optimistic that we'll be able to talk this through and come out stronger on the other side.

I am headed to The Mitt for a weekend of seeing my peeps and releasing this insane burden of shit that I've been carrying for several months. Between health problems, family issues, school, grad school, and other assorted funks, I'm ready for a vacation! I have to get back sooner than planned for AP training and grad class. Whopee!

A final shout out to my angels from this year. I am so proud of them and how far they came this year. We battled, we struggled, we worked our asses off...and in the end, the smiles on their faces in seeing their A's and B's on their exams made all of that worthwhile. Even moreso, their pleas to teach them next year as seniors made my sleepless nights worth it. Best of luck.

Note to self: Target has doors that don't open automatically. Sometimes you have to push them to exit the building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
MySpace Tracker