Welcome to Turner Land. Enjoy your stay.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

When life hands you lemons...

Apparently God decided I needed a reality check.

Worst news ever after school today...Grandpa Turner died this morning. He has been deteriorating physically and mentally over the past few years, but nobody expected this so soon. My parents say that he fell (again) last night due to blood-pressure-induced dizziness. Grandma Turner tended to him and wanted to take him to the hospital...but he refused to go. He sat himself down on the chair in the bathroom, while Grandma Turner went to bed in the other room. She woke this morning to find him slumped in the same chair, dead.

Now comes the reality check.

I had thought the things were insanely crazy: school, papers, grading, grad class projects, birthday parties, prom, seniors, moving, painting, packing, and a whirlwind of other things. BUT NOW, everything stops. Everything that I felt caving in on me has collapsed, and I feel like I can't move. Reality checks suck and blow.

I have been saying for some time that I wish I could get back to Michigan to visit family. Now I wish I'd listened more to that little voice. I'll get my wish, but in a "make some lemonade" kind of way.

Note to self: A huge shout out to the non-Darth Vader that I remember...the clown costume, hula-hoops, Hawaii, bunny cookies, the dance recital flowers, kisses for graduation, and the times you said you were proud of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
MySpace Tracker