Welcome to Turner Land. Enjoy your stay.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Grad Attack

Ok. So I realize now more than ever how much being a student SUCKS. I had my second session of Educational Research Methodology tonight. Blower. It is a painful class, coming complete with Air Head, Jock Strap, and Question Girl. Come on, you know these guys. Air Head: the token elementary teacher who gives teachers a bad reputation of being technologically retarded and negative in the common sense dept. Not to mention a constant reminder of how much I want to smash her rose colored glasses into a million tiny shards. Jock Strap: the PE teacher who just wants to "get by" to get his masters, copies my answers to each activity, and insists that Weight Lifting will increase students' test scores. And oh...drumroll please...my all-time favorite...Question Girl. She'll get her own paragraph.

There's one lurking in every class. The person who has a question for EVERYTHING, including information that is CLEARLY spelled out on the handout in front of her. She is the one who makes a 4 hour class last 5 hours because she has thought of every nook and cranny of the scenarios presented. She is not the Devil's Advocate though. Oh no. I maintain, she is, in fact, THE DEVIL. Two words: duct tape.

So I'm tired and cranky. I can't stand trying to juggle teaching, schooling, after school teaching, lesson planning, grading, and OH YEAH something that doesn't have to do with EDUCATION...hmmm...a life? Augh. Maybe tomorrow will find me in a better mood.

Note to self: in the sand is twice as grand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
MySpace Tracker