Welcome to Turner Land. Enjoy your stay.

Friday, August 11, 2006

On my way to N.C.

SO people watching is not only for malls and grocery stores. Another fabulous location happens to be the highway. In my travels to NC yesterday, I saw some intriguing stuff that I just HAD to share.

1) Did you know that there is a fast fix for your air conditioning in your car? Instead of spending oodles of dough by going to the garage to get it fixed, simply attach a window unit to the back window of your van and attach it to a generator. Duh! The trick is making sure the generator doesn't fall off the crate that it sits on...just use enough duct tape.

2) Did you know that you can buy a pre-fab log cabin? Yes. For all of your rustic needs within your budget and put together fast (think linkin logs), you can get a log cabin delivered to your city land plot within a week (the sign said so).

3) Did you know that you can drive your tractor to the Dairy Queen/Subway/gas station/rest stop...and they have DESIGNATED PARKING SPACES for them? Perhaps So.Mar. should consider this parking feature.

Note to self: Painting and moving are FUN...no matter what other people say. I love peach and ectoplasm. Nothing makes me happier than manuevering stairs covered with slippery tarps. And the best part: PIZZA for every meal. =)

2 Comments:

  • At 8:34 AM , Blogger MAMA said...

    You've resorted to reading the road signs? TOYOTA... EMPTY!
    Well just look at what you've learned in travels, my my education on the road.

     
  • At 8:02 AM , Blogger Rob Monroe said...

    I know the Subaway/DQ/Gas Station you speak of. It's my favorite exit on 95 EVER!

    I would not put it past That Cat Monroe to try the a/c unit on a generator in his car, so watch out for that one!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
MySpace Tracker