Welcome to Turner Land. Enjoy your stay.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Navy and the Pier.

Two Trips. Too much fun.

First: a week in Chicago with my baby sister. I LOVE Chicago more and more each time I go. There aren't many places where you can run in a beautiful park, eat phenomenal food, play beach volleyball, and shop in some of the best stores all in the same day. Not gonna lie, I might just have to move there. Best parts: fireworks over Navy Pier, playing the Duo and VV, the zoo, the park, and Thai with Coppertone, shoe shopping on the Mile, and getting rid of my ORANGE hair.

Then, I spent 5 days coaching at the Navy Volleyball camp. I have never worked or sweat so much in my life. It was like a blast from college past. I stayed in a bunk in the dorm, fan blowing on me all night, ate dorm food complete with Mystery Meat Monday, and walked all over the campus from gym to gym. Sheesh. It was fun and I met some really cool peeps...and I got to laugh at the pleebs who are fresh on campus and have to run everywhere they go. HA. Suckas.

Note to self: If you find yourself on a plane and the woman who is reading a book next to you puts the book down in her lap, then places her head on the head rest, this is NOT an invitation to open a 35 minute conversation about football and the military. Thanks.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:05 PM , Blogger MAMA said...

    Mystery Monday Meat sounds like a perfect meal for those Army Ants! Oh but you were at the Navy....Meat over board :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
MySpace Tracker