Welcome to Turner Land. Enjoy your stay.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Lemon Aid?

Can anyone tell me when lemons became the water garnish of choice? I mean seriously...I seem to vaguely remember being served water with just a glass when I was just a wee lass. But these days, you'll be hard-pressed to find any restaurant that serves water sans lemon wedge.

Even better...I love it PARTICULARLY when the server will bring you a new glass of water to replace your emptied vessel with a fresh lemon wedge WHEN THE OLD GLASS'S WEDGE IS STILL ON THE SIDE OF THE GLASS. Isn't that a sign? Should I wear a shirt that says, "Save the Wedge"?

What if I don't want lemon? What if I'm more of an orange fan? Can I get an orange wedge to grace my glass? I'm starting a revolution.

Note to self: Whenever you buy stuff to wash your car, get a bathing suit, a pool pass, and a new towel, and have time....it WILL rain everyday so you can't enjoy it!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You sure did just hop back in the saddle posthaste. For the record, I officially recommend that you request a wedge of some other (preferably citrus, but not requisite) fruit atop the next glass of water you order.

    Link me if you deem me worthy, but I don't know how much longer I'll be keeping that blog. Maybe beyond summer, but maybe not...we'll be seein'.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
MySpace Tracker