Welcome to Turner Land. Enjoy your stay.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

A pot of Gold's.

The gym is a place wrought with intriguing observations about people. And the gym which I attend is no stranger to the mysterious behavior that is displayed as people get their sweat on.

1. "Street-clothes" guy. This is an individual which apparently doesn't realize that there is a multi-million dollar industry that is devoted to workout wear. This person sweats, runs, and lifts in his street clothes. I'm talking jeans, heavy fabric shorts, IZOD tops, etc. How?!?!?! Why?!?!!? As said individual peels himself off the bike, sweat dripping from his face, it makes me want to smack him with my Nike Dri-Fit towel! I wonder if he knows that he can go to Target, invest $10 in some mesh shorts and a t-shirt in order to be more comfortable. Idiot.

2. "Smelly" guy, deodarant-deficient type. This dude is the one that is obviously a member of the "I don't need it" clan. OH YES YOU DO. The air that I breathe when running needs not to REEK of your nasty B.O. The best part is this guy always appears at the treadmill/machine/stretching mat next to me. Yesssssssssss. How can he not smell himself? Should it be a law that you reapply deodarant prior to leaving the lockerroom?? I'd hate to be the one that has to wash his yellow-pitted polo shirts.

3. "Smelly" guy, gas-x type. Oye. I understand that some people have issues when it comes to gas and gastrointestinal distress. I happen to be someone who suffers from gastrointestinal distress. BUT, I DON'T STINK UP THE GYM WITH FART SMELL. Goodness gracious. The gym has 2 sets of bathrooms to remedy the problem, use one...PLEASE. And once again, this guy ends up at the treadmill/machine/stretching mat next to me. And I know what you're thinking, just breathe through your mouth. Umm, then I can taste it too. Iew.

Note to self: Bring a can of air freshner and see if Oust really does work.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM , Blogger MAMA said...

    Go directly to the nearest army surplus store and buy a gas mask! These are not men you are talking about they are animals!
    I hope they have not contributed to the gene pool yet!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
MySpace Tracker