Welcome to Turner Land. Enjoy your stay.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

We NEED another hero.

I played the best video game ever recently. Prior to this life-altering experience, I was partial to old-school games such as the original Super Mario Brothers (which remains the only game I've ever beaten) and Pong. I love the classic graphics, simplified controllers, and the basicness of the older games.

That is until I was forced to play Guitar Hero. And now I have a new addiction.

Against my will, at friend Vince's crib, the guitar controller was shoved into my feeble, uncoordinated hands and the next thing I knew, I was playing the opening guitar riff of Joan Jett's, "I Love Rock n Roll." This game is amazing. It is an extremely accurate experience of playing guitar. Left hand vs right hand playing responsiblities using a guitar-shaped controller create the feeling that one is actually a rocker...and you get to choose your rocker icon AND GUITAR to watch on the screen. The notes fly at your face on frets and as you hit the notes, the guitar part is played. And as I discovered, when you don't hit the notes, bleeps and bloops fill in for the missed riffs in the song track.

Now, all I can think of is who owns a Playstation 2 and has this game. I can't get the stupid songs out of my head and have become keenly aware of this strange desire to play a freaking video game.

Note to self: I am not allowed under any circumstances to purchase a Playstation 2. If so, I will never see the light of day again...but I will ROCK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
MySpace Tracker