Welcome to Turner Land. Enjoy your stay.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Best Buy?

Today's topic came to me with yesterday's unexpected burial of my tv. My poor tv exploded (smoke and all), which caused an impromptu Best Buy run for a newer, better version of my tube. After standing in the tv section for 20 minutes without a single probing worker hovering around me, it made me wonder...how do the workers know who to annoy?

Usually when I go to Best Buy (or any other store for that matter) without the intent to buy, I can't keep the store workers away from me. But yesterday, I walked into the store with the intent of spending a fair amount of moolah, and I couldn't buy a worker. They weren't anywhere in sight. And the kicker is that I was sniffing around the heavy artillery (the plasma/LCD tv section) where the big guns go. Nobody in sight. I even searched around the section of the store to find a worker lurking in the shadows. No one there. I could have been standing there naked and nobody would have known.

Why is that? Why is it that when you don't want help, they're annoyingly willing to help you? "What can I help you find today?" "Do you need to try that on?" "What size do you wear?" "Would you like to open one of our ridiculously high APR credit cards and save $2 today?"

Yet, when you actually NEED the help, they're MIA? Oh wait...that would require work. Dangit.

Note to self: Flat screens rule. Dukes of Hazzard still rocks. Bo Duke on a flat screen with great company=priceless.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I hate best buy >:() but love the Dukes! Nice tube.

     
  • At 8:46 AM , Blogger MAMA said...

    I hope the tube was laid to rest with dignity and compassion. After all it brightened many a day showing your favorites, such as Princess Bride, The Sandlot,and A Knights Tale, just to mention a few. May your tube rest in peace. Long live the flat screen!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
MySpace Tracker