Welcome to Turner Land. Enjoy your stay.

Monday, July 02, 2007

I left my heart in Greece.

Greece is simply amazing. Gorgeous. Awesome. Unbelievable. Amazing.

Team Currier just got back into the States today...and I am suffering from a severe case of Greek haze. I've been up since 3:30 am Athens time and it is technically the same time in Athens as I type right now...so I am the poster child of tired...and still in LOVE with Greece and all associated memories. =)

It was an unreal 2 weeks of disconnected-from-real-life bliss complete with sides of scenic views, white buildings, beautiful sunsets, and black-sand beaches. I wasn't a huge fan of Athens; Paros and Santorini were the best of the islands. In many ways it's good to be home...flushing tp, drinking from the tap, enjoying the deodorant-scented people, choosing clothes from my closet and not a suitcase. BUT, I have never NOT wanted to leave a place so much in my entire life.

There will be many more posts to come from this life-altering experience...

Note to self: Marble is slippery. Cacti are sharp. Crabs aren't worth it. Scooters suck. But we LOVE the Greek medical system!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
MySpace Tracker