Welcome to Turner Land. Enjoy your stay.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Freudian Slips into my Classroom

Some days I realize how entertaining teaching really can be...like with our development monologue-esque presentations today. The kids were put into groups and assigned to present "Bob" at a certain age and explain his development through the theories we've covered.

Scene:
Bob at age 3 proposes to his mother, who says she loves his father. Bob dramatically plots the murder of his father to make his mother available for nuptuals. Bob is then rejected and scarred for life when his mother turns him down again.

I laughed so hard, not only did I cry, but I almost peed my pants. Not only were they right on with Freud's theory and creatively integrate the other 3 theories into their performance, BUT this was a group of all girls, complete hams, and they had plotted out the execution of the performance flawlessly.

Note to self: Navy basketball stinks...but the halftime dodgeball game ROCKED and was so worth the $3 under-18-student fee I paid to get in. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
MySpace Tracker