Welcome to Turner Land. Enjoy your stay.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Teachable Moments

So there are moments that occur in every classroom that are priceless. No, I'm not talking about awakening thoughts and sparking the future leaders of our community. I'm talking about moments that ONLY WE TEACHERS would find funny...strike that...hilarious.

I had such a moment yesterday.

The scene: 5th period AP Psychology. Students are making model brains out of play-doh as a review for their neuroscience exam on Monday. I'm walking around the room, checking for accuracy and to ensure that they actually have the structures correctly placed. I pick up on bits of conversations...but here are some things I'm hearing:
"Stop touching my frontal lobe!" "My hypothalamus just fell on the floor." "Why is my pituitary gland smaller than yours?" "Leave my brain stem alone!"

I couldn't stop laughing for a good 10 minutes. Like I said, only a few of us would find that funny.

Note to self: Do more things with play-doh. The kids love it (even though they are far beyond their play-do-rific childhoods and it is an effective manipulative for lessons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
MySpace Tracker